Popular Services

For faculty and staff to request that the library purchase a title for its collection. Students should submit an Interlibrary Loan request instead.

Report a problem accessing online books, journals, and databases.

Register for a Northfield Public Library account in order to access LinkedIn Learning, Kanopy films, eBooks, audio books, Creativebug and many other physical and online resources.

Request to have an item placed on Course Reserves.

To reserve a DVD for in-class screening on a specified date.

Request to sponsor and curate a physical book display on behalf of a student club or organization.

For any questions or concerns relating to overdue fees and replacement charges.

Inquire about materials you'd like to donate to the College Archives.

Report a concern or question regarding the physical space in Rolvaag Library or Halvorson Music Library.

I cannot find what I'm looking for and I need Library help.

Inquire about materials you'd like to donate to Special Collections.

For help with access to the Catalyst catalog, library databases, or your library account.

Submit questions about your library research or for help finding and using library resources.

Report an issue with the Elevator digital collections platform or your Elevator access.

Faculty can request instruction sessions or instructional content tailored to their students’ needs.

For any questions or concerns about acquiring materials from other libraries.

To report loss or damage of library material checked out on your account.

For help renewing materials borrowed from the libraries.

To request another individual be granted proxy borrowing rights to your library account.

Report an issue with installing or using EndNote or Zotero.

Request a new Elevator digital collections site, get help creating, organizing, or sharing items in Elevator, or discuss ways to use Elevator in your teaching or research.

Report an issue accessing an area of our buildings or collections.

Schedule a research consultation with a librarian or peer research tutor.

To request a borrower’s card or “Bridge Community Card.” These cards provide borrowing privileges to the libraries of the Bridge Consortium: St Olaf Libraries and Carleton’s College’s Gould Library.

Request help finding an item that appears to be missing from its location in the library.